The Painter Gilder And Varnisher's Companion published by Henry Carey Baird 1850 ISBN: 9780982532942
The Painter, Gilder, And Varnisher's Companion, published by Henry Carey Baird 1850
The Painter, Gilder, and Varnisher's Companion: Containing Rules and Regulations in Everything Relating to the Arts of Painting, Gilding, Varnishing, and Glass-Staining: Numerous Useful and Valuable Receipts; Tests for the Detection of Adulterations in Oils, Colours, &c. And a Statement of the Diseases and Accidents to Which Painters, Gilders, and Varnishers are Peculiarly Liable; With the Simplest and Best Methods of Prevention and Remedy. Philadelphia: Henry C. Baird, Successor to E. L. Carey. 1850.
The Painter, Gilder And Varnisher's Companion was in continuous publication for 70 years. It was the primary technical reference for both the professional and amateur wood finisher.
Henry Carey Baird (1825-1912) was the first American commercial publisher of industrial texts for the trades. HIs publishing house continued in production from the 19th through the early 20th centuries.
Gary Roberts, Toolemera Press publisher, returns to print classic books on early crafts, trades and industries. All titles are produced from the originals in his personal collection.
- The Complete Cabinet Maker And Upholsterer's Guide by J. Stokes 1829
- The Painter, Gilder And Varnisher's Companion published by H. C. Baird 1850
- Carpentry Made Easy Or The Art And Science of Framing by William E. Bell 1858
- The Art And Craft Of Cabinet Making by David Denning 1891
- How To Join Mouldings Or The Art Of Mitring And Coping by Owen Maginnis 1892