Wood Carving: A Carefully Graduated Educational Course by Joseph Phillips 1896. ISBN: 9780983150084
- Buy Paypal Direct from Toolemera Press get FREE SHIPPING US, EU, GB, AU
- $15.oo USD
- Wholesale discount orders quoted on request
- Trade Paper: 108 pages
- Publisher: The Toolemera Press (March 28, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 9780983150084
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.2 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces
The Sloyd System Of Wood Working , by B. B. Hoffman, 1892, is a classic 19th century introduction to the Swedish Sloyd system of pedagogical manual training based upon the Naas theories as espoused by Otto Salomon, author of The Teacher's Hand-Book Of Slojd, re-published by the Toolemera Press.
From: Economy In Education: A Practical Discussion Of Present Day Problems In Educational Administration. R. N Roark. 1905. Hoffman’s Sloyd System Of Wood-Working by B. B. Hoffman, A. B., formerly Superintendent of the Baron De Hirsch Fund Trade Schools
"The object of this book is to give an account of the theory and practical application of the “Sloyd System” of manual training. It also includes a list and drawings of the models of the “Rodhe System” for children of the age of five to eleven years, filling the void between the kindergarten and the Sloyd system. In the treatment of the practical work, as few technical expressions as possible have been used, so that a teacher who may have had no previous experience in work of this kind may nevertheless be able to follow out a course of manual training in wood work without any outside assistance."
Toolemera Press publishes and preserves in print classic books on the theories and applications of Sloyd.
- The Teacher’s Hand-Book Of Slojd, by Otto Salomon ISBN: 9780983150091
- Sloyd In Great Britain And America 1890 & 1906. ISBN: 9781087806259
- The Sloyd System Of Wood Working, by Benjamin B. Hoffman. ISBN: 9781087863580